ASHEBORO — It’s been years since Asheboro has enjoyed either the Fall Festival or Christmas on Sunset.
Once annual staples in downtown Asheboro, they’ve both been wiped out by the COVID-19 pandemic or a stray hurricane or blizzard.
Could this be the year one of them finally breaks through and returns?
It wasn’t the Fall Festival (hurricane remnants). But the re-christened Christmas Downtown has a chance.
If only the weather will cooperate.
If so, here are some highlights to look forward to in this old-fashioned style Christmas celebration:
- Musicians and carolers.
- Movies and The Christmas Story in Sunset Theatre.
- A live nativity scene.
- The Grinch, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Elves, Santa & Mrs. Claus.
- Wagon and carriage rides through Bicentennial Park.
- Russian Tea, hot chocolate and cookies stations.
- Marshmallow roasting.
- Photo opportunities.
- Trees NC spruce saplings giveaway.
Also, there will be drop-boxes for canned food items being collected for CUOC and Salvation Army.