ASHEBORO — In Randolph County, Fourth of July celebrations don’t just happen on the Fourth of July. And so, fireworks displays will shower the skies throughout the week.
Here’s a wrapup of what we know. For each event, find more details in the calendar on page 5A.
Tuesday, July 4
- In Asheboro, it’s become tradition for an I-74 traffic-stopping display to take place at McCrary Park after a Coastal Plain League game on the big night itself.
This year, however, the fireworks will come after the game on Friday, July 7. So, yes, there is a Zookeepers July 4 home game against the Holly Springs Salamanders, but the big fireworks night is July 7.
- In Archdale, Creekside will be the place to be for a fireworks show after dusk following an activity-filled event.
- In Denton, fireworks will happen on July 4, the fifth and final night of the 53rd annual Southeast Old Threshers’ Reunion at Denton FarmPark.
Wednesday, July 5
- Randleman’s annual day-after celebration culminates with a fireworks display after dusk.
Friday, July 7
- Fireworks will follow the Zookeepers game against the Lexington County Blowfish. The display is also visible for quite some distance outside the park. Look for places with lots of people or congestion and you’ll know that’s a good spot.
Saturday, July 8
- Liberty’s annual July celebration is typically the weekend after the Fourth. This year’s event lasts 8 hours and ends with a fireworks display.