ASHEBORO — On Aug. 8, Randolph Community College celebrated the gradu-ation of Apprenticeship Randolph’s third and largest graduating class yet with 13 graduates, then witnessed the signing of 16 more apprentices to the program.
The evening started with a celebratory dinner for the 13 graduates in the Armadillo Café. Diane James, 2021-2023 Apprenticeship Randolph (AR) Chairwoman and Hubbell Industrial Controls HES Director of Quality, opened the dinner by welcoming everyone in attendance and introducing notable attendees and the graduates.
At a ceremony marking the changeover, Caleb Baudoin, ApprenticeshipNC’s Outstanding Registered Apprentice in 2021 and now a Quality Technician at Hubbell and a new father, thanked the company partners for making an investment in the future.
“It might still be a little scary for some of the mentors in the room, but we leave with your guidance; we’ve been trained by the best,” Baudoin said. “So to our mentors, thank you for your patience, your lessons, both in life and on the job. Thank you to the Career Development Coordinators and School Counselors who initially shared the Apprenticeship Randolph program with us. Without you, many of us would likely have started to work in jobs with no hopes of a career, just living paycheck to paycheck. You gave us a clear path and push to fill out an application and go for it.”
Graduates with company
- Jonathan Arciniega Ascencio (Hubbell Industrial Controls).
- Caleb Sean Baudoin (Hubbell Industrial Controls).
- William Arthur Flores (Elastic Therapy Inc.).
- Abigail Elizabeth Goss (Phoenix Precision Machining).
- Noah Quint Hutchens (Technimark LLC).
- David Luke Lackey (United Brass Works Inc.).
- Devin Tyler Owens (Energizer Holdings Inc.).
- Gilberto Manuel Salinas (Elastic Therapy Inc.).
- Mario Antonio Salinas (Post Consumer Brands).
- Chandler Stephen Sellers (Elastic Therapy Inc.).
Automotive Systems Technology:
- Timothy Ryan McDonald (Trinity High School).
- Trever Lane Phillips (Eastern Randolph High School).
- Chance Ian Summey (Wheatmore High School).
- Accuchrome — Michael Marshburn, Ryan Meier.
- Atalys — Arnulfo Perdomo.
- CCI Machine & Fabrication — Jackson Austin.
- DARRAN Furniture — Tyler Eaves.
- DS Smith — Ethan Lineberry.
- Energizer Holdings Inc. — Jonathan Allred, Nathan Presnell.
- Hubbell Industrial Controls — Avery Marley, Julio Martinez.
- Jowat Corporation — Gage Link-Hedrick.
- PEMMCO Manufacturing — Seth Lindley.
- Sapona Plastics LLC — Sergio Jaimes-Castro.
- Technimark LLC — Nathan Hill, Colin Howell.
- United Brass Works Inc. — Gavin McCall.