Wheatmore just keeps on routing foes. A look at their 39th straight win leads this week’s highlights.
- Ellie Garrison fired in four more goals in undefeated Wheatmore’s 10-0 rout of Randleman. The junior striker raised her state-leading total to 56 goals and the 2-A defending state champion Warriors have won 39 games in a row. Summer Bowman also had four goals and an assist. That assist gave Bowman a school-record 48 assists for a season. Natalie Bowman and Mikalah Walls each had one goal.
- Macy Allred and Lucy Griffin scored the goals as Southwestern Randolph beat Trinity 2-1 in overtime.
- Natalie Flores got the goal and Tess Moody had the assist in Asheboro’s 1-0 win over Montgomery Central.
Carlisle Dozier made five saves.
- Jazmin Palma and Reese Craven each scored once in Uwharrie Charter’s 2-1 win over Providence Grove. Palma had an assist on Craven’s goal. Taryn Waugh scored Providence Grove’s goal.
- Palma scored the goal and Craven had the assist as Uwharrie Charter played Trinity to a 1-1 tie.
- Macy Walker and Allred scored in Southwestern Randolph’s 2-1 win over Randleman. Kate Jaimes had an assist and Rylee Tucker made four saves.
- Jaira Arellano scored the goal and Natasha Mederos got the assist in Asheboro’s 2-1 loss to Oak Grove. Dozier had a busy night with 22 saves. Samantha Goicochea and Emma Julian made back-line saves.
TRACK AND FIELD
- Wheatmore’s Zach Hazelwood swept the 1600 meter and 3200 meter runs in the PAC-7 championship meet.
- Trinity swept the boys’ 4x100, 4x200, 4x400 and 4x800 relays in the PAC-7 championship meet.
- Brecken Snotherly of Eastern Randolph won the girls’ 400 meter dash, the 800 meter run, the 1600 meter run and the 3200 meter run in the PAC-7 championship meet.
- Randleman’s Gracie Beane was a triple winner in the PAC-7 championship meet. She won the long jump, triple jump and the 200 meter dash.