Providence Grove ended Randleman’s string of 33 consecutive conference wins dating back to the 2019 season with a 3-2 stunner.
Lemuel Coltrane’s three-run homer off the Tigers’ Seth Way in the fourth inning proved to be enough.
Austin Thomas pitched a three-hitter with no earned runs and seven strikeouts. Coltrane finished with two hits.
The Tigers scored two unearned runs in the bottom of the seventh inning before the Patriots held on. Hunter Atkins had an RBI single.
Way went the distance, allowing six hits and striking out nine.
Here’s a look at other happenings from last week:
- Jake Hunter pitched a three-hitter over six innings with five strikeouts as Uwharrie Charter beat Eastern Randolph 3-0. Logan Zephir had a hit and two RBIs.
Brett Smith pitched the seventh inning and struck out the side for the save. Peyton McCollum, Caleb Stickle and Hunter each had two hits.
Samuel Asbill went the distance for Eastern Randolph, allowing 10 hits with two earned runs and 7 strikeouts.
- Adam Cole and Tyler Parks each had a single, double and RBI in Southwestern Randolph’s 7-3 win over Wheatmore. Eli Gravely had a hit and RBI. Grant Little gave up no earned runs in 5 2/3 innings to get the win. Ryan Jones went the final 1 1/3 innings to earn the save.
Tyler Kimball had two hits for Wheatmore. Clay Hill had a hit and RBI.
- Trey Carver and Grat Dalton each had two hits and two RBIs in Uwharrie Charter’s 11-2 win over Atkins. Walker Wilkins had two hits and three RBIs. Stickle and Zephir each had two hits. Zephir allowed two hits in 5 2/3 innings to get the win.
- Gravely smashed a home run among his two hits and drove in three runs as Southwestern Randolph drubbed Jordan-Matthews 18-6. Austin Harvell also had two hits and three RBIs for the Cougars. Easton Clapp had a double and two RBIs.
- Troy Carver and Caleb Brown had RBI hits in the 10th inning as Uwharrie Charter beat Eastern Randolph 4-3. McCollum scored the game-winning run on a passed ball. Smith scattered eight hits in nine innings, striking out six. Jose Ramirez got the win in relief.
Stratton Barwick pitched seven innings for Eastern Randolph, giving up one unearned run with 12 strikeouts. Alex Civet and Hunter had RBI hits. Kahlin Graham had an RBI double.
- Atkins got two hits and two RBIs as Randleman won the rematch with Providence Grove, 3-2. Caleb Dunn and Sean Miller each had two hits for the Tigers. Austin Lemons hurled a five-hitter with six strikeouts. He allowed one earned run.
Logan Fox had two hits for Providence Grove and Jayten Beasley drove in a run. Andrew Canter allowed two earned runs with six strikeouts in 5 2/3 innings.
- Austin Harvell smashed a grand slam home run in Southwestern Randolph’s 12-1 win over Wheatmore. Cole added a three-run homer and Easton Clapp was 3-for-3 with an RBI. Tyler Parks had two hits and two RBIs. Jonah Campbell worked 5 2/3 innings, striking out six, to get the win.
- Macie Crutchfield threw a four-hitter with 14 strikeouts as Southwestern Randolph beat Providence Grove 7-1. Maddie Strider had two hits and an RBI. Ky Perdue also had two hits for the Cougars. Madelyn Smith and Carleigh Whitson each had a hit and an RBI.
Emma Mazzarone doubled in a run for Providence Grove. She also went the distance in the circle, striking out eight and allowing four earned runs.
- Maddie Varner collected three hits and five RBIs in Southwestern Randolph’s 19-3 rout of Central Davidson. Lileigh Payne had three hits and four RBIs. Perdue had three hits and two RBIs. Strider had a pair of doubles and two RBIs. Alley Lowe had two hits and an RBI. Caressa King also had two hits. Alyssa Harris was the winning pitcher, allowing four hits and two earned runs in five innings.
- Mazzarone struck out 14 and got the shutout in Providence Grove’s 2-0 win over Union Pines. Kaylie St. John had a hit and RBI.
- King went 4-for-4 with a triple and 3 RBIs as Southwestern Randolph blanked Randleman 10-0. Madelyn Smith was 2-for-2 with an RBI. Lowe tripled in a run. Macie Crutchfield pitched a one-hitter with eight strikeouts.
- Avery Dykes was 3-for-4 with 2 RBIs in Wheatmore’s 4-3 loss to Salisbury. Hannah Shoe had a hit and RBI. Carmen Turgeon allowed one earned run and struck out 10.
- Ryan Marshall shot a 34 to lead Wheatmore to victory in a PAC golf match at Colonial Country Club. Connor Carter of Eastern Randolph shot 38 and Randleman’s Justin Jackson had a 40.
TRACK & FIELD
- Brecken Snotherly of Eastern Randolph swept the 400 meters, 800 meters, 1,600 meters and 3,200 meters in a meet with Providence Grove and Randleman.