A couple of conference losses didn’t stop Randleman from capturing its 16th straight conference baseball title. Meanwhile, Emma Mazzarone (800 stirkeouts) and Summer Bowman (100 goals) were among individuals with weeks to remember.
Let’s get to the highlights:
- Kynley Brewer smashed a home run among her two hits and had three RBIs as Uwharrie Charter overwhelmed Trinity 24-0. Kaitlyn West had a triple and three RBIs while pitching a no-hitter with five strikeouts. Emory Johnson belted a solo home run. Maddie Burrow doubled and drove in two runs.
- Skylar Pugh and Addie Flinchum combined on a one-hitter with 19 strikeouts as Eastern Randolph blanked Wheatmore 7-0. Pugh gave up one hit in four innings with 12 strikeouts while Flinchum struck out seven of nine batters she faced and had two hits, including an inside-the-park home run. Ziera Watson, Logann Beaver and Miranna Corea had two hits.
- Emma Mazzarone pitched a no-hitter with 12 strikeouts in Providence Grove’s 15-1 win over Trinity. The Virginia Tech recruit reached 800 strikeouts for her career.
- West doubled twice and drove in four runs as Uwharrie Charter beat Randleman 13-8. Logan Zephir had two hits, including a double, and four RBIs. Molly Bulla had two doubles and three RBIs. Ainsley Wright and Burrow each had two hits with an RBI. Brewer had three hits. Savannah Scott tripled and drove in three runs for Randleman. Katie Green had two hits and an RBI.
- Avery Dykes had four hits and an RBI in Wheat-more’s 11-10 loss to Asheboro. Zoey Bugg had two hits and two RBIs. Carmen Turgeon had a double and two RBIs.
- Macie Crutchfield pitched a four-hitter with 13 strikeouts in Southwestern Randolph’s 4-0 win over Eastern Randolph. Maddie Strider, Alyssa Harris and Carleigh Whitson all had two hits for the Cougars, who clinched the Piedmont Athletic Conference championship with the win.
- Harris pitched a shutout with 12 strikeouts in Southwestern Randolph’s 9-0 win over Wheatmore. Ky Perdue, Maddie Varner, Caressa King and Lileigh Payne all had two hits for the Cougars.
- Devon Kelly had three hits, including a double, in Providence Grove’s 5-4 loss in eight innings to Southern Guilford. Mailey Way, Kaylie St. John, Gracie Smith and Mazzarone all had two hits. Smith had two RBIs. Mazzarone allowed two earned runs on five hits with 11 strikeouts.
- Addie Flinchum and Pugh smashed home runs in Eastern Randolph’s 9-8 win over Uwharrie Charter. Pugh also struck out the game’s final batter to earn a save.
Watson and Flinchum both had two hits. Dori Luther doubled in a run. Wright had a two-run double for Uwharrie Charter. Brewer and Burrow both had two hits.
- Crutchfield pitched a two-hitter while allowing no earned runs and 10 strikeouts in Southwestern Randolph’s 3-0 loss to 4-A powerhouse Hickory Ridge, 16-1 and ranked #1 in the West in North Carolina.
- Cade Hill pitched a five-hitter while Landon Mowery homered and drove in two runs as Trinity beat Randleman 3-2. Jaxson Coble singled in a run and Hill had a pair of hits for the Bulldogs.
Seth Way went the distance for Randleman, striking out seven and allowing two earned runs. Chesney Welch had two hits. Shawn Miller and Way each had an RBI single.
- Tyler Foust went 3-for-3 with an RBI and Lemuel Coltrane had a two-run single in Providence Grove’s 7-3 win over Eastern Randolph. Andrew Thomas gave up six hits and three runs in five innings. Nick Brady had two hits and an RBI for Eastern Randolph.
- Jake Hunter pitched a three-hitter with six strikeouts in Uwharrie Charter’s 1-0 win over Wheatmore. Walker Wilkins had two hits while Grat Dalton had a hit and scored the only run. Mason Rich went the distance for Wheatmore, striking out 10.
- Payton Mooney had two hits and two RBIs in Wheatmore’s 9-4 loss to East Davidson. Parker Kines also had two hits. Rich had a hit and two RBIs.
- Ben Medinger smashed a two-run homer as Uwharrie Charter toppled Ledford, the state’s No. 2-ranked 3-A team, 5-2. Peyton McCollum had three hits for the Eagles.
Logun Wilkins allowed three hits and a run with three strikeouts in 4 1/3 innings to get the win. Landon Zephir gave up one unearned run with a pair of strikeouts in 2 2/3 innings to earn a save.
- Way smashed two home runs while Austin Lemons scattered 6 hits with 9 strikeouts in 6 innings as Randleman clinched the PAC-7 championship with a 6-1 win over Trinity. Miller was 2-for-3 with 2 RBIs. Caleb Dunn and Welch had two hits apiece.
Randleman has won 14 consecutive conference titles. Mowery had two hits and an RBI for Trinity.
- Thomas had a double and triple in Providence Grove’s 8-3 loss to Williams.
- Tanner Marsh and Davis Gore homered in Asheboro’s 5-4 win over Ledford. The Blue Comets scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to get the walkoff win. Adam Curry and Cohen Caviness each had two hits. Marsh struck out nine in four innings on the mound. Gore got the win in relief.
- Andrew Canter allowed three runs in six innings with six strikeouts as Providence Grove edged Eastern Randolph 4-3. Foust and Thomas had RBI singles. Kahlin Graham had two hits and two RBIs for Eastern Randolph.
- Walker Wilkins had two hits and two RBIs while Carter Brown belted a solo home run in Uwharrie Charter’s 7-2 win over Wheatmore. Grat Dalton had three hits. Brett Smith threw a five-hitter with five strikeouts. Caleb Coggins had a triple, single and two RBIs for Wheatmore.
- Summer Bowman scored five goals and Ellie Garrison scored four as Wheatmore routed Providence Grove 10-1. Natalie Bowman netted the other goal. Caroline DuVall scored Providence Grove’s goal.
- Jazmin Palma and Ava Cuguino each scored a goal in Uwharrie Charter’s 2-1 win over Southwestern Randolph. Alexis Marion made 15 saves.
- Jaira Arellano scored the game-win-ning goal in overtime as Asheboro beat Ledford 2-1. Natalie Flores got the Blue Comets’ other goal. Carlisle Dozier made 11 saves.
- Garrison scored five goals, giving her 52 for the season, in Wheatmore’s 9-0 pounding of Trinity. Bowman had four goals for the Warriors, helping her reach the 100 goal mark for her career, according to HighSchoolOT, which also has Wheatmore ranked as the No. 2 team in the state.
- Taryn Wall, Sarah Majors and DuVall scored the goals in Providence Grove’s 3-1 win over Central Davidson. Jenny Banuelos made 12 saves.
- Maggie O’Briant got the goal and Marion recorded 15 saves in Uwharrie Charter’s 1-0 win over The Forsyth Home Educators.
- Eastern Randolph’s Connor Carter shot a 35 to take medalist honors in a PAC-7 match at Holly Ridge. Wheatmore’s Hunter Marshall was second with a 40.
Brandon Davis of Providence Grove and Ryan Marshall of Wheatmore both shot 41 while Randleman’s Justin Jackson had a 42.
- Carter was the medalist with a 37 in a PAC-7 match at Tot Hill Farm.
- Evan Morin, Cadence Butler, William McPherson, Colton Bryant and Aiden Allred won in singles as Uwharrie Charter downed Wheatmore 6-3. Sam Greene and Jacob Younts won for Wheatmore.