Dominic Payne had a big week for the Trinity boys basketball team, piling up 101 points in three games, all Bulldog wins. Meanwhile, the AHS boys and RHS girls both improved to 5-0. Here’s a look at those and other highlights from the week.
Dominic Payne poured in 32 points as Trinity beat Jordan-Matthews 66-53. Brandon Campbell and Dylan Hodges each scored 13 points for the Bulldogs. Payne then scored 27 points in the Bulldogs’ 61-45 win over Leadership Academy. Hodges added 20 points.
Finally, Payne blistered the nets for 42 points in an 82-68 win over East Rowan. Campbell had 20 points, mostly by going 6-for-6 on 3-pointers. Hodges also scored 20 points.
- Jerquarius Stanback scored 17 points and Camden Walker added 10 in Asheboro’s 47-38 win over Southwestern Randolph. Sean Adkins led Southwestern Randolph with 12 points.
- James Ellis led the way with 21 points as Providence Grove ran away from East Davidson 68-31. Chase Whitaker scored 15 points for the Patriots and Brody Collins had 13.
- Ashton Troutman scored 24 points as Uwharrie Charter beat Southern Guilford 45-33.
- Parker Kimes scored 14 points in Wheatmore’s 72-46 loss to Oak Grove.
- Tyshaun Goldston’s steal and layup at the buzzer lifted Randleman to a 56-54 victory over Union Pines. Greg Price led the Tigers with 17 points and also had 7 rebounds. Goldston finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Connor Cassidy added 12 points.
- Adkins scored 20 points as Southwestern Randolph held off Chatham Central 50-48. Nathan Ellis scored 15 points and Kearns Trotter had 11.
- Adkins scored 17 points and Thomas Leal had 13 in Southwestern Randolph’s 50-37 win over South Stanly.
- Tyler Kimball scored 17 points in Wheatmore’s 58-55 win over Ledford.
- Goldston scored 25 points in Randleman’s 59-56 loss to Oak Grove. Price added 12 points.
- Sion Murrain scored 16 points in Asheboro’s 50-39 loss to Southwestern Randolph. Laneane Scherer had 11 points.
- Brecken Snotherly scored 31 points in Eastern Randolph’s 58-49 loss to Western Alamance.
- Allie Frazier scored 18 points and Asai Steverson had 11 in Providence Grove’s 50-34 win over East Davidson.
- Elizabeth York scored 18 points in Randleman’s 58-44 win over Lexington. Jordan Booker scored 14 points for the Tigers. Gracyn Hall had 12 points and 12 rebounds. York scored 16 points and Hall had 15 in the Tigers’ 59-29 rout of Union Pines. Booker had 10 points.
- Jordin George scored 21 points in Southwestern Randolph’s 48-37 win over Chatham Central. Caressa King added 14 points.
- Bri Hill scored 11 points in Wheatmore’s 43-17 loss to Ledford.
- Hall posted a double-double with 17 points and 14 rebounds in Randleman’s 62-52 win over Oak Grove. Audra Petty also scored 17 points for the Tigers. York had 13 points and Booker had 11.
- Frazier scored 19 points in Providence Grove’s 49-43 win over Asheboro. Murrain led Asheboro with 17 points and Lee added 10.
- Ashara Spruill scored 16 points and Savannah Surratt had in Uwharrie Charter’s 52-39 loss to Richmond County.